Wednesday, December 6, 2017

The Jungle Book

.
http://www.tanamachistudio.com/

Obviously, this is a book cover for the Jungle Book, but it was created by Dana Tanamachi. I was really drawn to this because one, I am not the best at book covers since I don't read much and two, its great use of detail while following design principles. 
The first design principle I want to point out is how she uses great detail in this design, but it is balanced. By symmetrically balancing this design, it looks great! All of the detail on the left matches the right. 
The second design principle I want to point out is how all of the detail creates emphasis on the title. It is almost like all the animals are pointing to the title of the book by just surrounding it. 
The last design principle I want to discuss is the way it uses color. The earthy flat green background provides great contrast against the metallic gold of the detail and type; it really pulls the view in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment